DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF ALL REQUIREMENTS- MARCH 31, 2017.
September 29, 2016
A letter of invitation is a written document in support of a person seeking a visa to enter a foreign country. It is typically written by someone close to the applicant. However, this cannot guarantee visa issuance to a foreign national friend, relative or student. Under U.S. law, visa applicants must qualify for the visa according to their own circumstances, not on the basis of an American sponsor’s assurance. Source: http://definitions.uslegal.com/l/letter-of-invitation/.
1. Letters of invitation (LOI) for MSUans from outside the United States are issued by the president and chairman of the board of the MSUeVillage International (MEVI) or the duly authorized MEVI representative/s.
2. LOIs are issued in a secured, numbered and standard format showing the MEVI letterhead and the current members of the MEVI Board and presidents of MEVI chapters and signed by the MEVI president or the duly authorized representative/s.
3. LOIs are only issued to MSUans who personally requested for them at the designated channel and not through third party or other means.
4. LOIs are only issued to bonafide MSUans defined as follows: An “MSUan by heart and mind” is a present or former member of the leadership, faculty, staff or student body, or an alumnus of any Mindanao State University campus.
5. LOIs are only issued after thorough verification or certification process which must be transparent to the members of the MEVI organization. It will take between one week and one month to complete the verification process and issuance of LOIs. Remember, we are also working folks and we do these volunteer tasks on our spare time.
6. Send an email stating your request for a Letter of Invitation to the Seventh MSUeVillage International Reunion in Las Vegas, Nevada on June 27-29, 2017.
- Send email request for LOI to MeVI President at email@example.com
- Send a digital 2×2 passport-quality photo of yourself to MeVI President at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Join the 7th MeVI Reunion Facebook Group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/mevireunionlasvegas/.
- Complete the official online registration form for the 7th MeVI reunion at https://mevireunion.wordpress.com/registration/.
- Create your complete (2-page) permanent record of MeVI membership at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/mevirecord.